Does your little one love animals? ZooKids classes are a great way for children age 4-5 to have a fun and educational adventure at the zoo.
Each program includes a mini zoo tour, craft, games, animal close-up, and snack.
ZooKids classes are held on Saturdays from 9:30am - 12:00pm. Each ZooKids class is offered twice per month to accommodate more participants. Each month has a different theme and classes are designed so that children can come to multiple classes without repeating the same activities.
Not sure how much classes cost? Are you ready to register? What do you do if you need to cancel?
These and other important details are listed below.
September 19 or 26: Some Like It Hot
What has trees, grass, and animals abound? The African Savanna! Come learn about the hot savanna and how animals adapt to this special environment.
October 17 or 31: Some Like It Wet
What is wet, dark, and green all over? The Rainforest, that’s what! Explore the many layers of the rainforest. Learn about the amazing diversity of the plants and animals that call it home and understand how you can help protect them.
November 14 or 21: Some Like It Dry
What is very dry, often hot, and has sand all over? A desert! How does the tortoise survive the heat? Why does the camel have a hump? Learn how plants and animals live in the harsh desert environment.
$23.00 for current Oakland Zoo members / $26.00 for non-members.
• Program fees cover program expenses and Zoo admission for the participant only.
• Parents or families want to enter the Zoo during or after class will need to pay regular Zoo admission.
• Oakland Zoo Members can use their membership for admission, as usual.
• Parking fees are waived for people dropping off or picking up ZooKids participants.
All ZooKids registration is online through Thriva, the same system we use for ZooCamp.
This secure website database will keep your credit card information safe and make it easy to register the same participant for multiple programs. Our registration system requires payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Discover).
If you have previously registered a child for ZooCamp, click here to confirm your email and account password. Please use the same account to register participants for ZooKids.
Registration for Fall 2015 is now open!
Please Note: Each class is offered on two Saturdays to accommodate more participants, so please sign up for only one Saturday per month. You are welcome to sign up for multiple classes in different months.
Please contact us if you would like to be on a waitlist (510) 632-9525 ext. 141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you cancel with more than 14 days notice, you will receive a 90% refund.
• If you cancel between 8 and 14 days before your class, you will receive a 50% refund.
• Sorry, no refunds will be issued for cancellations within 7 days of your scheduled class.
There is no fee or penalty for transferring from one class to another within the same season (Fall, Winter, or Spring) if space is available; however, if you register online for a new class then cancel your original registration, the standard cancellation fees apply. We are unable to accommodate transfers after the Saturday before your scheduled class.
To cancel, transfer from one session to another, or make other changes to your ZooKids registration, please call the (510) 632-9525 ext. 141 or email us at email@example.com
• Class size is limited to 16 participants. The ratio of adults to participants is 1:4.
• Fruit and juice are provided during each class. Let us know of any food allergies during registration.
• Classes are designed for children to participate independently. Parents are not allowed to stay with their children.
Please note: If your child has diagnosed special needs and is unable to participate without an aide, please contact us to discuss accommodations at (510) 632-9525 x141 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Still have questions? Please read over our ZooKids FAQs or contact email@example.com
Field Trips & Large Groups
Creek & Watershed Programs
ZooKids: Pre-K programs
Student & Teacher Resources
Community & Group Programs