Does your little one love animals? ZooKids classes are a great way for children age 4-5 to have a fun and educational adventure at the zoo.
Each program includes a mini zoo tour, craft, games, animal close-up, and snack.
ZooKids classes are held on Saturdays from 9:30am - 12:00pm. Each ZooKids class is offered twice per month to accommodate more participants. Each month has a different theme and classes are designed so that children can come to multiple classes without repeating the same activities.
Not sure how much classes cost? Are you ready to register? What do you do if you need to cancel?
These and other important details are listed below.
January 14: Beaks and Feet (1) - Click here to register
January 21: Beaks and Feet (2) - Click here to register
February 11: Tails and Tongues (1) - Click here to register
February 18: Tails and Tongues (2) - Click here to register
March 11: Paws and Claws - Click here to register
March 18: Paws and Claws - Click here to register
April 8: Skins and Scales - Click here to register
April 22: Skins and Scales - Click here to register
May 13: Oh Yuck! - Click here to register
May 20: On Yuck! - Click here to register
Non-Member Fee: $23.00
Member Fee: $20.00
• Program fees cover program expenses and Zoo admission for the participant only.
• Parents or families want to enter the Zoo during or after class will need to pay regular Zoo admission.
• Oakland Zoo Members can use their membership for admission, as usual.
• Parking fees are waived for people dropping off or picking up ZooKids participants.
Registration is open now. See programs listed above.
Please Note: Each class is offered on two Saturdays to accommodate more participants, so please sign up for only one Saturday per month. You are welcome to sign up for multiple classes in different months.
Please contact us if you would like to be on a waitlist (510) 632-9525 ext. 141 or email@example.com
• Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds for cancellations.
• One change to your reservation date can be made as long as it is requested at least 7 days prior to your originally-scheduled program. Should you need to make a change, we will gladly work with you to reschedule a later date, if space is available, and any previous payments will be applied to the new reservation. We can be reached at: (510)632-9525x 141 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Class size is limited to 16 participants. The ratio of adults to participants is 1:4.
• Fruit and juice are provided during each class. Let us know of any food allergies during registration.
• Classes are designed for children to participate independently. Parents are not allowed to stay with their children.
Please note: If your child has diagnosed special needs and is unable to participate without an aide, please contact us to discuss accommodations at (510) 632-9525 x141 or at email@example.com
Still have questions? Please read over our ZooKids FAQs or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Trips & Large Groups
Creek & Watershed Programs
ZooKids: Pre-K programs
Student & Teacher Resources
Community & Group Programs
Happening at the ZooSpring Break ZooCamp Registration2/27/2017Summer ZooCamp Registration for Members3/6/2017Conservation Speaker Series: Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival3/7/2017ZooKids: Paws and Claws3/11/2017Summer ZooCamp Registration Begins for Non-Members3/13/2017ZooKids: Paws and Claws3/18/2017